Thursday, June 2, 2011

How do I change the belts on a 2001 Mazda Protege DX 1.6L?

Both belts need to be changed. I know how to take the tension off the one that goes on the alternator. How do I get the other one off? (the one that goes on the a/c)How do I change the belts on a 2001 Mazda Protege DX 1.6L?the alternator has a bolt under it you have to raise your car with a jack and release that bolt in order to release alternator so the belt will be free to take it out



the ac/ ps belt go to power steering after you release the adjuster, there is one bolt crossing the pulley you have to use 14mm socket and pass by the pulley to reach the bolt then the power steering pump is loose and now you can take out all beltsHow do I change the belts on a 2001 Mazda Protege DX 1.6L?look for a tension release bolt